[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss Portal LDAP Setup

dleerob do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 6 05:52:32 EST 2007

This is a great thread for LDAP integration, and I used your Wiki to setup my LDAP integration successfully...well...almost. I have a problem, and I've found two other posts from different people with the same/similair problem, however they never got any replies. You guys seem clued up, lets see if you or anyone else can help. I'm sure others will benefit aswell.

I have setup portal 2.4.1 to use LDAP authentication. However, it only authenticates with LDAP and allows access to portal. It doesn't pull in any user information from LDAP. So I also have to create a local user in portal for each of my LDAP users. But now when I assign that local user security rights to certain pages, and then login with the username and "ldap" password, it authenticates correctly, but the logged in user cannot see the pages I gave him rights to. However, If I login with the same user, but dont use my "ldap" password, and use the "local" portal password instead for that same user, I can login and then see the pages that I gave him security rights to. I need to be able to use the "ldap" password to login for every user, not the "local" password.

So basically it seems that if I use the local jboss password for user "bob", it uses the security rights setup for "bob". But if I use the ldap password for user "bob", it treats the login as a different user or something, and all security rights are missing and I cant see his pages.

Any help please?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4011825#4011825

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4011825