[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Configuration problems For PojoCache under JBoss AS

Naxo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 6 06:42:46 EST 2007

Thanks Ben for your replies,

The document written by Jamie Reifsnyder is just what i was looking for. I didn't know exactly how to use and installed JBoss Cache inside JBoss AS. And I think you should do something like that in the documentation, cause there are lots of examples about Standalone JBoss Cache but none about the use and instalation inside JBoss AS.

I did more o less what Jamie Reifsnyder suggest, but at least I have a confirmation that what I did is right. There a few things that I didn't do... Any way my actual problem doesn't have nothing to do with JBoss Cache. I am not using Ant to build my application, I am using Eclipse packaging tool. As I have told you several times I am kind of newbie in J2EE and JBossCache, so I will need to study how to "Include a call to aopc (precompiler) in my build.xml script to precompile the classes for caching" But this not a problem to solve in this forum so I really thank you for your help.

There is something confusing for me in the documentation. Here is the exact paragraph from chapter 2.2 "Features of POJOCache":
http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbosscache/freezone/docs/1.4.1/PojoCache/en/html/intro.html#2

anonymous wrote :
  | Support annotation usage. Starting from release 1.2.3, PojoCache also supports declaration of POJO through annotation under JDK1.4. JBossAop provides an annotation precompiler that a user can use to pre-process the annotation. As a result, there will be no need for jboss-aop.xml  file declaration for POJOs, if annotation is preferred. The JDK5.0 annotation will be supported in the next release.

The JDK5.0 annotation will be supported in the next release.
I understand by this line that there is not an actual support for JDK 5.0 in JBossCache 1.4.1. GA. But I understand that this is a mistake, right?

I want to use Annotation to get rid of any xml file, and more precisely JDK 5.0. (I hope so solve my problem soon with Ant, so I can try and test JBoss Cache, I think that it's I great product and very useful)

Thank you again,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4011842#4011842

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4011842