[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Inheritance - ClassCastException after upgrade to BEA JRocki

CarstenRudat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 6 07:07:00 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have an entity NaturalPerson extends Person with singe table inheritance.

@Inheritance(strategy = InheritanceType.SINGLE_TABLE)

There is a defined column

@DiscriminatorColumn(name = "INHERITANCETYPE", discriminatorType = DiscriminatorType.STRING)

which is edited with the correct value.

After an upgrade of BEA JRockit R26 to R27 a type cast

  | NaturalPerson n = (NaturalPerson)aPersonOfWhichIamSureItIsANaturalOne;

fails with a CCE (anything with jassist $-s and proxy).
I fixed any typecast for me by using a visitor, but I think this should be fixed.

I use JBoss-4.0.5.GA with build in EJB3.

Thanks and best regards,

Carsten

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4011857#4011857

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4011857