[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Datasource not correctly bound to JNDI context

aschulz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 6 11:59:23 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm porting an application from Orion to JBoss. I'm trying to configure the datasource at the same JNDI-names like in Orion (starting with comp/env/jdbc) but I have no success with that. I'm using JBoss [4.0.5.GA (build: CVSTag=Branch_4_0 date=200610162339)].

I configured the folling datasource:

  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>comp/env/jdbc/bps</jndi-name>
    <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@XYZ</connection-url>
    <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>
    <exception-sorter-class-name>
        org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleExceptionSorter
    </exception-sorter-class-name>

         <type-mapping>Oracle9i</type-mapping>

  </local-tx-datasource>

At startup JBoss says:
Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=comp/env/jdbc/bps' to JNDI name 'java:comp/env/jdbc/bps'

When I lookup in the context for that JNDI name I receive the default (hsqldb defaultDS) connection.

If I name the datasource just jdbc/bps everything is working correct. It seems to me that it is not possible to name a datasource beginning with comp/env. Is this correct or a bug?

Some previous posting describe simular problems. This can be a big problem for people porting existing applications to JBoss.

Please, can somebody enlight me.

Tanks in advance.
Alex

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012034#4012034