[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Real basic one

jazir1979 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 6 16:43:48 EST 2007

If you implement a seperate business layer using EJBs, be aware that you may lose the advantages of Seam-managed persistence contexts.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on that??  That would mean implementing your own strategy for avoiding lazy initialisation exceptions, and all the joy associated with that, etc.

A POJO service layer where you pass the entity manager around to the method calls may be the answer there - and you could always put EJBs in front of that very trivially if you wanted to.

The EJB3 spec does talk about extended persistence contexts propagating down in EJB calls, but we had no success with that.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012154#4012154

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4012154