[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Caching pages in browser

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 6 17:26:30 EST 2007

I seem to be getting conflicting info from different resources...people say to make sure browsers don't cache your pages, while page caching is a huge part of increasing performance that others thoroughly recommend

Should you set response headers or meta tags for caching pages to off or on? Does this apply to every single page in your application or does it depend on certain criteria? (I read that for Seam's MVC style with redirects to work browsers shouldn't cache your pages...) Why?

Are there certain criteria (e.g. don't cache any page with a form, or an s:link, or something like that) that make a good rule of thumb for which pages can be cached and which shouldn't?

(I imagine it's still okay to cache purely static pages, but in a Seam application where a "static" page might still be composed of multiple templates, that'll never apply...)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012169#4012169

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4012169