[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: New fileUpload component

kaolle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 7 02:55:54 EST 2007

I'm somewhat new to the Java domain, so I wonder if you have any sample how to stream the stored blob content?

I suppose I need to checkout the latest and greatest from CVS to take advantage if this feature, which source files  do I need to check out, or is the only option to checkout all?

"shane.bryzak at jboss.com" wrote : Over this last weekend I completely rewrote the file upload component, and one of the improvements is the ability to stream the upload to a temp file on disk.  Plus you can now also bind the file data to either a byte[] or InputStream property - so what this means, is that if you use this option it should be very resource efficient (it streams using only a 2k buffer).  This only exists in cvs at the moment, and I haven't had a chance to document this yet - if you want to try it out you need to set the createTempFiles filter property to true, ie:

  |   |     <filter>
  |   |         <filter-name>Seam Multipart Filter</filter-name>
  |   |         <filter-class>org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamMultipartFilter</filter-class>
  |   |         <init-param>
  |   |           <param-name>createTempFiles</param-name>
  |   |           <param-value>true</param-value>
  |   |         </init-param>
  |   |     </filter>
  |   |

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012301#4012301