[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Who uses EntityHome objects?

baz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 7 04:39:08 EST 2007

Hello
(3 questions at the body, please take a look)
I am interested if you are able to run any example with entityHome objects. For me, the examples do not work (seam-pay,ui etc)
---------
Could it be that i missunterstand the conzept?
So far i have used entityHome objects this way:

  |      <factory name="bazExperiment" value="#{bazExperimentHome.instance}"/>
  |
  | 	<component name="bazExperimentHome"  class="org.jboss.seam.framework.HibernateEntityHome">
  | 		<property name="entityClass">de.bafz.lims.model.Experiment</property>
  | 		<property name="session">#{bazDatabase}</property>
  | 		<property name="id">#{bazExperimentID}</property>
  | 	</component>

When i set the bazExperimentID in any context, i will have the object bazExperiment managed. That is all i want to do, so far.

But with the namespace concept i am not able to configure the id. The framework-1.1.xsd does not allow to configure an Id:-(

Is the Id is now implicit?
What is the recommended way to set the Id?
Has anybody succeded in running the examples with entity Home objects?

I am using seam 1.5.0GA for now
Ciao,
Carsten

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012327#4012327