[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Who uses EntityHome objects?

baz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 7 05:39:05 EST 2007

I have reread the docs (chapter 10 for seam 1.1.5GA) many times.
My objects are never created because i do not know how to specify the ID.
If i use the old method (without namespaces) all is well.

@petermuir
To which paragraph in the docs do you reference?
What i like to do is described by you here:
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SeamEntityHomeForLongRunningContexts
Is this possible only with components.xml and namespaces?

When i rewrite my example with namespaces it looks like:

  |         <factory name="bazExperiment" value="#{bazExperimentHome.instance}"/>
  | 	<framework:hibernate-entity-home name="bazExperimentHome"
  | 	                                 entity-class="de.bafz.lims.model.Experiment"
  | 	                                 session="#{bazDatabase}"/>

I am not able to specify any Id in this case. Forbidden by the schema.
Which is the id of bazExperimentHome in this case?
With the configuration from above (earlier message) i can expose bazExperimentID into session context and get the same behaviour as you described in the wiki?

What will be the correct way to select an experiment?
By now i expose bazExperimentID with the selected experimentid to session scope. Is this the right way to do it?

Is it possible, that the schema definition has an error. Since, in the doc there is an paragraph, right to the beginning of chapter 10,
where the id is set.
But in practice, this results in an error.
Ciao,
Carsten

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012351#4012351

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4012351