[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam and granularity

viniciuscarvalho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 7 11:37:33 EST 2007

Hello there! Just started here, yesterday some folks gave me some help on my first question. Now I have another architectural question: I know I'm free to not use each managed bean as a SLSB, I could use my managed bean as a facade to a remote object and have the SLSB injected inside my managed bean, which would lead me to a coarse grained SLSB. Using each managed bean as a SLSB turns in a very fine grained SLSB. Normally the rule of thumb we use in projects here is to have 1 SLSB per requirement, which groups 3-5 use cases (we have fine grained use cases, we are at sea level according to Cockburn). Now, having so many SLSB wouldn't be a burden for my AS? JBoss has an MBean for each SLSB conteiner right? So in a typical app where I would have some actions/managed beans and few SLSB, I'd change it to a lot of SLSB (maybe not that much) inside my conteiner.

I'm pretty sure, Seam designers worry about performance. I'm just a pretty concerned about this issue. Am I being paranoid?

Best regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012532#4012532

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4012532