[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Issues moving from Seam 1.1.0 to Seam 1.1.5

bsmithjj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 7 13:01:19 EST 2007

Thanks for making the fix - I'll try it out when the next CVS bundle appears on the nightly builds server.

I disagree with your suggestion about how I should log a message.  As far as I'm concerned, when I ask a logger to log a message, whether it's a single string, concatenation of strings, an invokation of an object's toString() method, etc., that's exactly what I mean - print the resultant strings to the logging device.  When I construct logging messages, I do not at all regard my message the same way I would a localized message with parameters.

Anyway, thanks again,
Brad Smith

PS:  after I post this, I am going to try reverting to commons-logging - the old fashioned way.  It just never occured to me that at org.jboss.seam.log.LogImpl.interpolate(...) would be the culprit.  My guess is good old fashioned logging will work fine.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012582#4012582

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4012582