[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Using JBoss's JDBC Managed Connection Pools

wls do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 7 17:35:10 EST 2007

Hello - need some to point me in the right direction.

I have some JDBC code that was working perfectly until I changed it to use JBoss's managed connection pools.  I'm hoping someone can point me to an authoritative reference source online instructing proper usage of the connection pools.

Before I was getting a connection, setting setAutoCommit() to false, doing a number of statements, calling commit(), and then closing the connection -- worked great.

Now I'm getting a connection, (can't touch auto commit though it seems to be false), doing a number of statements, (can't call commit() or rollback() -why?), and then closing the connection -- which doesn't seem to do the commit.  In fact, shortly after close(), I can go look with a db admin tool and the tables show no evidence of any INSERT statements happening.  ...wait a while, and perhaps it might.

It's acting like close() releases to the pool, but the commit() may be done later.  This is not good news for other pieces of code expecting something to now be in the database.

Clearly I'm missing something -- what's the right group to ask such questions of, or, optionally, what's the right piece of documentation I should be looking at?

-Walt Stoneburner
wls at wwco.com

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012691#4012691

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4012691