[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam ICEFaces

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 7 18:19:57 EST 2007

I just spent two days with the ICEFaces guys, working through a list of issues, among other things.  Seam 1.1.6 ships with icefaces 1.5.3, which works better with Seam than previous versions. icefaces 1.5.4 should work even better.

My impression is that icefaces is great technology, superior to other Ajax solutions out there, but it hasn't quite been battlehardened to the same extent that Seam has been. This is going to change quick, since they are doing 18k downloads per month, and are going to have users screaming at them pretty soon.

We have established an "ICE Faces Integration" component in Seam JIRA, where Seam users are welcome to submit bugs and other issues, so that they are visible to both the Seam and ICEFaces teams.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012705#4012705

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4012705