[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - configuring remote portlet instances through *-instances.xml

bhupeshs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 8 00:52:35 EST 2007

Hi,

I tried to create an instance of a remote portlet through xml and not through management portlet interface. I created a *-instances.xml file where i defined the instance as

		  <instance-id>MyRemotePortletInstance</instance-id>
		  <portlet-ref>{producer-id}.{remoteappname}.{portletname}</portlet-ref>

when I deploy this into jboss portal, the portal container is trying to lookup the portlet after appending the {localappname} to the portlet-ref. So it is trying to lookup  something like {localappname}.{producer-id}.{remoteappname}.{portletname} and giving out an error that the portlet is not found.

Is there a way to create instances of a remote portlet through xml descriptors?

--Bhupesh

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012844#4012844

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4012844