[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - 1.4.1.SP1 Installation Instructions

eonnen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 8 14:46:36 EST 2007

In looking through the distribution, the User's Guide, the FAQ and various other locations, I'm unable to find explicit instructions on how to install this build. I'd like to install to a 4.0.5 AS instance but there is no mention of how best to do this. For example:

Should I pacakge a cache sar and deploy that?
Should I just copy all the /lib to server/lib?

I'm further confused as this distribution seems to include a new jgroups.jar and new bsh jar as well as some other new dependencies.

Should the old jgroups.jar be overwritten?
Should the old bsh-1.3.0.jar be removed and the new bsh-2.0b4.jar be installed? Or should they coexist?

Is Tomcat clustering supported on this release?

If I've missed something, please let me know.

I hate to say it but this push seems rushed. I can find no install instructions, no compatibility notes and the readme contains an invalid forum link. All around, I'm hesitating to upgrade given the lack of attention this push seems to have received.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4013242#4013242

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4013242