[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: Need

juha@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 9 04:28:06 EST 2007

"eharoldw" wrote : I was hoping that there was some configuration I could set so that if an invocation took more than a certain amount of time it would automatically throw an exception.

I'm not aware of it -- it doesn't mean some developer hasn't added it at some point but if they did, they didn't make a lot of noise about it ;-) It wouldn't change the underlying problem of having a timer thread on the server to measure the invocation times though.

"eharoldw" wrote :
  | Could you say if I am reading your responses correctly?

Yes. I still think using the JBoss EJB3 async API might be the "cheapest" solution (in terms of development time) and you could hide the semantics behind a synchronous client API.

Alternatively, if EJB3 is not an option, and you worry about the thread count on the server, you can have the interceptor in the client proxy instead, and do the thread disconnect already on the client VM (so the additional thread management is distributed across client VMs). This is likely similar to the behavior of JBoss EJB3 async API with EJB2 proxies.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4013511#4013511

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4013511