[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Clustering begginner..please HELP

davewebb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 9 10:41:26 EST 2007

You need to do a few things.

1) Check your log files when the server starts to make sure the instances see each other and join the cluster.

2) Try deploying you WAR file in the farm directory of one server and if #1 above is working, then your WAR file will automatically get copied over the the farm dir of the other server.

3) To test the clustering, you have to have a load balancing facility in place in front of the 2 Jboss servers.  I uses Apache with mod_jk 1.2 for one app and we use apache with the newer ajp module for some other apps.  If you configure apache _without_ sticky session, then your requests will get ditrbuted to the 2 servers.  If you test a use case that uses the HTTPSession object, then you will know right away if your session replication is successful.

Good luck.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4013692#4013692

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4013692