[jboss-user] [JBoss and NetBeans] - Re: NameNotFoundException: DefaultDS not bound - Entity Unit

lkotouc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 10 07:53:06 EST 2007

The main problem results from inability to initialize the context, see the exception:
>Need to specify class name in environment or system property: java.naming.factory.initial

Some properties must be set prior to creation of InitialContext instance. The other way of setting the properties is to provide jndi.properties file along with your client code.

BTW, are you sure that the deployment exception comes from your jar? I am not sure about the meaning of the reason of the deployment failure:
>Trying to install an already registered mbean: jboss.system:service=ThreadPool
Does it appear even if you don't deploy your jar? If it does, the reason is not in your jar. If it doesn't, try to deploy as simple EJB module as possible (e.g. with one stateless session bean only) and modify/deploy it (to get the EJB module you use now) until the exception appears. This way you'll identify the problem.

Generally, get rid of the deployment exception first and then set the environment properties to initialize the context in the client code.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4014127#4014127

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4014127