[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Deploy new portal using existing portlets

MLipp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 10 15:52:28 EST 2007

Hi,

I want to deploy my own portal "on top" of the default portal. I have seen the sample HelloWorldPortal.zip and started to build my own portal-object.xml.

The main difference is that helloworld-object.xml uses and references only the portlet that comes with it. But I want to use other, already deployed portlets as well, e.g. the CMSPortlet.

Is this possible? How can I create the instances that I need in my portal-object.xml (I need new instances of CMSPortlet that display special content)? From what I have found so far, it is not possible to reference portlets outside the WAR that contains the portal-object.xml, is it? Or can it be done after all?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

    Michael

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4014251#4014251