[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: NoSuchMethodError

thinking_mantis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 10 18:52:33 EST 2007

I'm having a similiar problem.

I took over an EJB app from another programmer who is no longer around, and one of the first things I'm trying to do is add a simple method to a class called "Department Model":

public class DepartmentModel implements Serializable
{
 public void printSomething() { System.out.println("something..........."); return; }
}

In a jsp that instantiates a DepartmentModel class, I try to test this new method:

dept.printSomething();

And I get the following exception trace:

16:44:39,396 ERROR [Engine] ApplicationDispatcher[] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.icshealth.model.DepartmentModel.printSomething()V
        at org.apache.jsp.jsp.listFacilityDeptLocks_jsp._jspService(listFacilityDeptLocks_jsp.java:319)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:324)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
etc...

PeterJ, I followed your suggestion to verbosely output the classloader details and everything looks like i'd expect:

[Loaded com.icshealth.ejb.entity.DepartmentBean]
[Loaded com.icshealth.model.DepartmentModel]
[Loaded com.icshealth.ejb.entity.DepartmentHome]
[Loaded com.icshealth.ejb.entity.Department]

I went as far as to download the .ear file, extract it with WinRAR and de-obfusticate DepartmentModel.class with  CavaJ, and the "printSomething()" method was there just as I had added it.

I double-checked that there were no other .ear, .jar or .war files on the server that may have old versions of DepartmentModel rolled in and couldn't find anything.

We're using 3.2.5.  Old, I know - and we will upgrade at some point - but right now I'm afraid that's not an option.

I am very confused.  Any suggestions?

Thank you.

-Robin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4014315#4014315