[jboss-user] [News & Announcements] - JBoss Messaging 1.0.1.SP4 Released
do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 11 06:45:52 EST 2007
JBoss Messaging 1.0.1.SP4 has been released and it is available for download on jboss.org (http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbossmessaging/downloads) and sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22866&package_id=157261).
This service pack fixes several major bugs present in 1.0.1.SP2 and previous releases.
The most serious bug is http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-721, which was causing message redelivery not to function properly. This bug fix alone should justify an upgrade to 1.0.1.SP4, especially if you use Message Driven Beans and Container Managed Transactions.
Another critical bug is http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-787, which was causing long-running invocations (such as sending a large transaction to the server) to time out inadvertently. The root cause was identified to be http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBREM-691. The new Remoting library incorporated by 1.0.1.SP4 contains the fix for this bug.
Other bugs fixes address the following 1.0.1.SP2 problems:
* Broken QueueBrowser behavior (http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-803)
* Non-compliant client ID behavior - the previous version allowed simultaneous clients with same client ID (http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-791)
* Incorrect handling of the replyTo property for persistent messages in some situations (http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-757)
* Corruption of the security context in managed environment (http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-807)
* Potential deadlock during the client initialization (http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-800)
* Memory leaks (http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-638)
The complete list of changes introduced by this release is available at
The JBoss Messaging project roadmap is available here: http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel
We would like to use this opportunity to thank Andrea Di Cesare, Ilya Bochkov and our colleague Amit Bhayani for identifying some of the previously mentioned bugs, taking the trouble to report them, provide test cases, workarounds and fix suggestions.
View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4014461#4014461
Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4014461
More information about the jboss-user