[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Complex validation

wsollers do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 11 15:05:57 EST 2007

Could you:

  | @ValidatorClass ( GreaterThanValidator.class )
  | @Retention ( RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME )
  | @Target ( { ElementType.METHOD } )
  | public @interface GreaterThan {
  |
  | 	String elExpr = null;
  | 	String mesg = "#{someMessageKey}";
  |
  | }

And then in the validator class get a reference to the Seam interpolator and invoke the el-binding cast it to Comparable and compare it to the annotated data element.

Could do the same for less than, either or, just a thought for the simpler things. To do entity exists checks I use a custom interceptor that has access to the entity manager to do the queries.

I am curious about this as well as I have lot's of these kind of things floating around and would really like to standardize them and will research it further.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4014625#4014625

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4014625