[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Packaging of portlet-instances.xml

MNLipp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 11 17:53:25 EST 2007

OK, now that I have been directed to instantiating the "foreign" portlet programatically, I've tried.

I'm doing things from a servlet's init method. Now please do not tell me to use an MBean. It doesn't fit in my environment, and it should be possible to do it from a servlet's init method, right? I execute a JavaScript and I have successfully created my instance and added the "Unchecked"/"view" permission (you didn't mention this, but without it I get an access denied error when trying to display the portlet instance). Seemed easy enough:

  | function createPortletInstance (containerService, instanceId, portletId, prefs) {
  | 	if (containerService.getInstance (instanceId) != null) {
  | 		containerService.destroyInstance (instanceId);
  | 	}
  | 	var portletInstance = containerService.createInstance (instanceId, portletId);
  | 	if (prefs != null) {
  | 		portletInstance.setPreferences (prefs);
  | 	}
  | 	var authDomain = containerService.getAuthorizationDomain();
  | 	var configurator = authDomain.getConfigurator();
  | 	var bindings = new Packages.java.util.HashSet ();
  | 	var binding = new Packages.org.jboss.portal.security.RoleSecurityBinding
  | 		("view", Packages.org.jboss.portal.security.SecurityConstants.UNCHECKED_ROLE_NAME);
  | 	bindings.add (binding);
  | 	configurator.setBindings (instanceId, bindings);
  | }

Now, when executing this I get the following messages:

  | 23:44:23,105 WARN  [ReadWriteCache] An item was expired by the cache while it was locked (increase your cache timeout): org.jboss.portal.core.impl.portlet.state.PersistentState.children#38
  | 23:44:23,105 WARN  [ReadWriteCache] An item was expired by the cache while it was locked (increase your cache timeout): org.jboss.portal.core.impl.portlet.state.PersistentState#38
  | 23:44:23,105 WARN  [ReadWriteCache] An item was expired by the cache while it was locked (increase your cache timeout): org.jboss.portal.core.impl.portlet.state.PersistentState.children#40

The warnings are somehow disturbing. Are they a problem? Can I avoid them?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4014698#4014698

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4014698