[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Packaging of portlet-instances.xml

legolas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 12 04:41:25 EST 2007

Hi Julian (or others),

I have implemented this as an MBean that instantiates each portlet instance during its start method, and destroys them again during the stop method.
Before instantiation however I check if the instance name is already used, if so I write a warn to the log.
The first time I startup the server, each instance in my file gets instantiated correctly. When I then stop the server, I see messages that each instance is destroyed again.
So far so good.
However when I start the server the second time, I see messages that the instances have already been created.
These messages all come from my code, but indicate that the instances have not been destroyed during the stop of the server.
It seems that the instances are not removed from the database when destroying them, is this intended behaviour?

Thanks,
Marcel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4014893#4014893

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4014893