[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: change background-validation-minutes to seconds

bortx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 12 11:34:46 EST 2007

Yes, you are right, but I have the problem that I have to check connections to the EIS periodically in order to maintain connections. If not, the EIS closes connections not checked. The expiration time is exactly one minute. I use the background validation to perform those checks, so the EIS is constantly closing connections.

One more thing that I've noticed, is that jboss always checks all  connections that have been created, the ones that are in the pool at the moment, and the ones that have been destroyed previously. The pool works right, I mean, it never returns a destroyed connection, and the pool has the number of connections I've specified, but I don't know why it tries to validate destroyed connections.

I've implemented the destroy() method so that it closes the connection to the EIS. What actions am I supposed to perform on the destroy() method? May I notify ConnectionEventListener set on some event? I only notify those listeners when in the close() method.

Thanks a lot.

Bortx

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4015176#4015176

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4015176