[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Accessing file that is not in DB from deployed jBPM process

warmonga do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 12 11:45:02 EST 2007

Hello,

I've got a problem accessing a file that is not deployed in the jBPM database. I want to access it in an ActionHandler of a deployed process. When test-running the jBPM process through teh jBPM API (through token.signal() etc) the file is found but when running the deployed process through the jbpm webapp, a JbpmException occurs saying:

anonymous wrote : org.jbpm.JbpmException: couldn't get value for file 'com/sample/action/Sample.drl'

and further down in the console:

anonymous wrote : Caused by: org.jbpm.JbpmException: file 'com/sample/action/Sample.drl' not found in db

Te critical piece of code from the ActionHandler-class is the following:

  | package com.sample.action;
  | [...]
  | public class FireRulesActionHandler implements ActionHandler {
  | [...]
  | Reader reader = new InputStreamReader(FireRulesActionHandler.class.getResourceAsStream(rulefile));
  | [...]
  | }

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,