[jboss-user] [JBoss and NetBeans] - Re: NameNotFoundException: DefaultDS not bound - Entity Unit

htran_888 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 12 21:13:03 EST 2007

Hi L,

Success at last after having upgraded JBoss to 4.0.5 (full support for EJB 3.0) which may have fixed the problem. Anyhow the main sticking point was not referencing TravelAgentBean correctly using JNDI. Below is the only slight modification needed from the original code from the Client:

            Context ctx = getInitialContext();
  |             Object ref = (TravelAgentRemote) ctx.lookup("TravelAgentBean/remote");
  |             TravelAgentRemote dao = (TravelAgentRemote)
  |                 PortableRemoteObject.narrow(ref,TravelAgentRemote.class);

                                      or
  |              TravelAgentRemote dao = (TravelAgentRemote) ctx.lookup("TravelAgentBean/remote");

No need for any JNDI bootstraping properties as in EJB 2.1 or earlier.

Likewise, I didn't need these libraries in the Client's classpath either:

/client/jboss-j2ee.jar
/client/jbossall-client.jar
/server/default/lib/jnpserver.jar
/lib/jboss-common.jar.

I also learnt a lot on creating EJB using Netbeans & JBoss to lookup JNDI that was largely my problem.

Again a Big thank you for all your suggestions,

Henry

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4015534#4015534

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4015534