[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Clustering begginner..please HELP

davewebb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 13 09:25:37 EST 2007

Install Apache and configure the nodes as described in the wiki for using mod_jk1.2 with JBoss.  The .so file _IS_ correct.  I installed apache on my windows machine to verify that.

.so files are not made like .jar files.  JAR files are just zip files with a .jar extension.  .so files are "Shared Object" files that are generated via "make" when you compile the modules using --with-apache option.  If you have the mod_jk module, then you shouldnt have to make anything else.  Make sure you are using mod_jk1.2 and _NOT_ any later version!

Once you configure it correctly, tail the logs of your 2 jboss servers, then point your browser to your apache listener (IP and port).  When you hit apache, it will invoke mod_jk and pass your request to jboss (which you will see in the log).

To test the cluster, kill the jboss server serving the requests, then go back to your browser and make another request.  You should now see the other jboss server handling the requests.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4015783#4015783

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4015783