[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problem with decrementing dates

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 13 14:46:27 EST 2007

anonymous wrote : Am I missing something here?

Yes, you missed the post immediately above where I explained the functionality for allowing the user to choose his timezone!

anonymous wrote : OK, there is now support for #{timeZone} and #{timeZoneSelector.select}.

  | * the timezone defaults to the server timezone, but this can of course be overridden either in components.xml or via the UI
  |
  | * I have created <s:convertDateTime/> which always uses the "Seam timezone", ie. #{timeZone}.
  |
  | * I have registered this as the *default converter* for java.util.Date, which eliminates a bunch of noisy date handling stuff in the view.

AFAIK, there is no standard mechanism in HTTP for getting the users timezone, so we need to let them set it the first time, after which it can live in a cookie (if you so desire).

Please refer to the Seam documentation, where this is discussed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4016006#4016006

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4016006