[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Facelet TagHandler in seam.

brentgfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 13 17:54:13 EST 2007

I've been working on developing a facelet tag to simplify my content display, and am encountering a NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/facelets/tag/TagHandler. I have the jsf-taglib.jar within my war files /lib folder, and am using the SeamFaceletViewHandler, with no issues untill I add my custom tag.

My tag handler class, DisplayComponentHandler extends TagHandler, compiles without issue, and deploys without error. When rendering a page, however, I get the exception.

Here is the taglib declaration.

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
  |
  | <!DOCTYPE facelet-taglib PUBLIC
  |   "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Facelet Taglib 1.0//EN"
  |   "http://java.sun.com/dtd/facelet-taglib_1_0.dtd">
  | <facelet-taglib>
  |    <namespace>http://www.test.com/jsf/html</namespace>
  |    <tag>
  |       <tag-name>displayContent</tag-name>
  |       <handler-class>com.test.ui.DisplayComponentHandler</handler-class>
  |    </tag>
  | </facelet-taglib>

and the entry within the web.xml file

  | 	<context-param>
  | 		<param-name>facelets.LIBRARIES</param-name>
  | 		<param-value>/WEB-INF/tld/displaycomponent.taglib.xml</param-value>
  | 	</context-param>

Any ideas why the classloader wouldn't be able to find the class definition for the TagHandler class? Or have I missed something obvious?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4016079#4016079

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4016079