[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - TransientObjectException blues

dozcelik do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 13 20:00:07 EST 2007

Hi - I am getting an interesting TransientObjectException for the following condition..

I create a User object in the authenticator and User has a 1-1 relation with a Person object. user instance is outjected as follows..

    @Out(required=false, scope=ScopeType.SESSION)
    private User authenticatedUser;

My aim is to persist an object with a property of type "User".

If I use the user object I get from db, create a new X object, set its user property in the same authentication method, it persists x fine.

However, if I use an "injected" (as follows) authenticatedUser, I get TransientObjectException.

    @In(required=false)
    private User authenticatedUser;

The interesting part is that, I have a Y object that has a property of type Person. If I create a new Y object and set its person property to injected authenticatedUser.getPerson(), it persists fine.

So if I assign the injected entity's object property it works, but if I assign the injected entity itself I get the error.

Any idea is appreciated. Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4016129#4016129

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4016129