[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: HOWTO: Replace portal authentication and authorization

dleerob do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 14 01:54:50 EST 2007

bdaw: I followed the wiki at: http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=UsingAnLDAPSourceForPortalAuthentication

I did create a role "Authenticated" in LDAP and assign it to everyone in our company.

The LDAP authentication did work, but because I also had to create users locally to match the users in LDAP, the securities to pages etc did not work when I used the LDAP password for a user. It only worked when using the local JBoss password for that user. That's why I ended up with my own workaround. Seemed no one could help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4016219#4016219

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4016219