[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Invoking a PageFlow via a Clickable Table

djeverson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 14 07:43:23 EST 2007

I have having some difficulties invoking a PageFlow by clicking on a link in a data table.

We are using Seam 1.1.5GA running on JBoss 4.0.5.

The high level use case is that the user is presented with a data table that contains a number of subjects that need processing.  The user can then click on a link for each subject to start a registration process.

The registration process is complex and we feel best implemented with a page flow.

We have a JSF page and a simple SLSB which properly displays the initial list of subjects.

On the data table, we have the following command link:

  | <h:commandLink action="#{registrationWizard.startWizard(subject)}"
  | 					 value="Register >>" />

We also tried a <s:link> as well.

The command link invokes a separate SFSB which manages the Registration Wizard Conversation.

The startWizard method looks like:

  | @Begin(pageflow="registration",join=true)
  |    public void startWizard(Subject s) {
  | 	   log.info("RegistrationWizard.startWizard[#0]", s.getId());
  | 	   this.currentSubject = s;
  |    }

The registration pageflow has the following start-page

  | <start-page name="start" view-id="/regwiz_info.xhtml">
  |       <redirect/>
  |       <transition name="next" to="regwiz002" />
  |       <transition name="cancel" to="cancel" />
  |    	</start-page>

I also updated pages.xml with the following:

  |   <page view-id="/regwiz_info.xhtml">
  |     <begin-conversation join="true" pageflow="registration"/>
  |   </page>

I will get the following message, even if I remove the above code from the pages.xml file.

When I run the app, I am getting the following error message:

  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: pageflow is not currently at a <page> or <start-page> node (note that pageflows that begin during the RENDER_RESPONSE phase should use <start-page> instead of <start-state>)

Can someone help me understand what I am doing incorrectly?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4016340#4016340

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4016340