[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss Portal 2.6 Alpha 2 Release

swestbom do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 14 12:55:11 EST 2007

Warping the project to the tool.  I know what you mean, it does force a format on your project layouts and a way of assembling.  Like all leverage there is a price to be paid.  But it usually is correct from a technical and practical point of view.  Right now I am sorting out how to build JBoss Portal.

I have also used Jetspeed 2 (maven 1) and it was a breeze to set up and work on, it bootstrapped its dependencies, and the enforced layouts etc made it a snap to set up because I knew exactly what to expect.  Maven 2 is a big improvement if the project is set up well and its dependencies are as well (when they are not they are squeaky wheels and get plenty of grease).

Besides you can always create your own project types (other than the standard war, ear, jar, pom etc.

If I can find some spare cycles I will try it on your project.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4016501#4016501

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4016501