[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Dynamic External Directories

balcerman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 15 07:30:46 EST 2007

Hello,

Here:
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ExternalDirectories
you can find how to make visible files from outside of 'war'. Here's a quote:

anonymous wrote :  Serving Static External Files jboss-3.2.4 Onwards
  | JBoss 3.2.4 no longer uses Tomcat 4.1.x The default web container is Tomcat5.0.x
  |
  | Note : The following two steps are a hack till JBoss WebDeployer? gets updated with support for static content.
  |
  | Step 1 : Copy a default web.xml from <JBOSS_HOME>/server/<config-name>/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat50.sar and place it in the <JBOSS_HOME>/server/<config-name>/conf directory
  |
  | Step 2 : Edit <JBOSS_HOME>/server/<config-name>/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat50.sar/server.xml and add a Context element under Host.(Step similar to standalone TC)
  |
  | <Host name="localhost" ...>
  |            <!-- ADD static benchmark DIRECTORY -->

  | This will enable Tomcat to serve up static content (like html, images etc) from a directory /home/anil/benchmark and the url will be "http://localhost:8080/benchmark"

It works in a 'static' way. If I want to change the external directory name and make it still visible for JBoss, I need to restart server.

Is there a way to change the external directory without restarting JBoss?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4016971#4016971

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4016971