[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Protected methods on Seam components

fhh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 15 10:45:56 EST 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | I don't have to have them protected in this instance but I'm using the SingleItemScreenAction class here to make life easier for implementors so all they have to define are some simple getters(). Making them protected means they are only accessible to subclasses which is what I want.

It means that they are only accessible from subclasses or from any class of that package. Anyway, that is not a security feature. It is used to seperate visible api from implementation details. If you are the sole developer, why bother?

anonymous wrote :
  | A final method can't be subclassed so cglib doesn't add a method proxy for them

Yes, but you annotated referenceSession. You did not show getters and setters for that property but I assume they are not final.

And I still don't get what you are trying to do. From what object are you calling your protected method?

Regards

Felix

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4017089#4017089

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4017089