[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Anyone get JAAS working with remote entities?

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 16 00:16:04 EST 2007

I found out what was happening, sort of: the thread that's creating my InitialContext just silently dies.  I don't get it.  The thread itself collapses.  I put:

InitialSystem.out.println("start");
  | Context context = new InitialContext(properties);
  | System.out.println("done.");

I see the "start" but not the "done".  The thread just ends.  I even replaced the "done" with System.exit(1) and that doesn't get called.

This is a bug in Java itself.  A thread should not just die silently like that.  But aside from that I'm mystified about what to do here.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4017419#4017419

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4017419