[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - slow queries using lobs in entities

koatto do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 16 06:04:30 EST 2007

I have a problem querying an entity with a lob property, thats my entity's definition :

  | @Entity
  | public class File{
  | @Id @GeneratedValue(strategy=GenerationType.AUTO)
  | long 	code		;
  | @ManyToOne
  | Person 	person 		= null;
  | Date 	timestamp 	= Calendar.getInstance().getTime();
  | String	fileName 	= "";
  | @OneToOne
  | User 	creator		= null;
  | @OneToOne
  | User 	lastUpdater	= null;
  | String 	description = "";
  | @Lob @Basic(fetch = FetchType.LAZY)
  | Blob 	contents 	= null;
  |
  | ...geters/setters
  | }

and that's the way a query the objects :

List<File> results =entityManager.createQuery(" from File f").getResultList();

entityManager is injected from the seam's context.
I'm using mysql with mysql inno dialect, the query is very very slow and  very memory consuming cause hibernate includes the lob field into the sql.

What am i not doing in the right way?

thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4017550#4017550

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4017550