[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Navigation outcome from bean

hamtho2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 16 10:34:13 EST 2007

Mike,

your idea came pretty close to how it works. Thanks for your help.

This is it worked for me now:

<page view-id="/*">

  |         <navigation from-action="#{myBean.commonAction}">
  |             <redirect view-id="/results.xhtml"/>
  |         </navigation>
  |
  | </page>

But do you know if it is possible to redirect to the page, where I came from as well? If I call an action-method and it returns a String with null, I will be redirected to the page I came from automatically. So is there a way to define this through the pages definition as well?

I thought about something like this:

<navigation>
  |             <rule if="#{myBean.anotherAction}">
  |                 <redirect view-id="/successfull.xhtml"/>
  |             </rule>
  |             <rule if="#{not myBean.anotherAction}">
  |                 <redirect view-id="null"/> <!-- Should be the calling page then -->
  |             </rule>
  |         </navigation>

Is there a way to do something like a switch-case if there might be different-results? In the code-example mentioned above, the anotherAction is probably called everytime I have a new rule.

DO you know anything about this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4017675#4017675

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4017675