[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: programmatically disabling caching

thomas.heute@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 16 11:04:16 EST 2007

"bmcgovern" wrote : I agree.  I've tried setting the expiration-cache value to 0 explicitly in portlet.xml and programatically in doView, each time it doesnt set.

  | I'm stuck on this cause i need a work around for my situation..
  |
  | first time a form submits - processAction is called then doView.  doView checks for existance of params set by processAction.
  |
  | Subsequent page loads invoke only doView which reads params already set by processAction and its screwing things up.
  |
  | Any ideas?

That's the expected behavior that you are defining. The portal must be able to call the render method without invoking the action method again. The render method will always get the render parameters, that's per the spec.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4017696#4017696

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4017696