[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: jpdl-3.2.Beta2: how to access variable from task form in

avbentem do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 16 19:27:57 EST 2007

"kukeltje" wrote : in the testcases I see  <condition  expression='#{customer.number > 5}' />"

Errrrr, where did you find that test case? I cannot even find the string "customer.number" in the distributions at SourceForge, nor when I check out either jbpm.3 HEAD or version 3_1_beta2 from CVS... I'm certainly overlooking something here! [yes, feeling stupid...]

I did find other tests such as /src/java.jbpm.test/org/jbpm/jpdl/xml/files (used by XmlSchemaTest.java), DecisionExpressionTest.java and DecisionConditionsTest.java -- but those have variables set in code, using

processInstance.getContextInstance().setVariable("name", value);

Like I wrote: all I actually want is some demo of a condition based on variables as set in a simple task form...

I used :pserver:anonymous at jbpm.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/jbpm for CVS, and http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=70542 for   jbpm-jpdl-suite-3.2.Beta2.zip

By the way: no luck with, for example:
<decision name="Fits in mailbox">
  |   <transition name="Yes" to="ship item">
  |     <condition expression="#{quantity==1}"/>
  |   </transition>
  |   <transition name="No" to="Inform customer">
  |     <condition expression="#{quantity!=1}"/>
  |   </transition>
  | </decision>

Thanks,
Arjan.