[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: jpdl-3.2.Beta2: how to access variable from task form in

avbentem do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 17 11:29:45 EST 2007

Hi there again!
"kukeltje" wrote : You do not seem to have any variables declared in the tasks
Errr, yes, I know. But any variable declared in the task forms is automagically available in other task forms that use the same variable names. Like:
<h:inputText
  |     value="#{var['quantity']}"
  |     converter="javax.faces.Integer"
  |     converterMessage="The quantity must be numeric."
  |     validatorMessage="The quantity must be at least 1.">
  |   <f:validateLongRange minimum="1"/>
  | </h:inputText>
Even more: defining them in the task as well (in processdefinition.xml) makes the values NOT being available in other forms...  This is exactly what made me ask how I can access a variable from a task form in jPDL (too bad the subject of forum posts is not truncated in the preview).

"kukeltje" wrote : yes you need a controller there
Are you referring to the Decision, or elsewhere...?

By the way: I wonder if there's another way to define variables? I can image that in most cases one would not like to define the type and boundaries of a variable in multiple places, like 'converter' and 'minimum' for 'quantity' in both form.create.xhtml and form.evaluate.xhtml.

Arjan.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4018220#4018220

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4018220