[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam Gen template error?

cparham do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 17 16:13:07 EST 2007

"saeediqbal1" wrote : Hey Guys while you are at the bug. Can you please report this if its not done already. when running seam generate-entities , i get the following error which refers to the file list.xhtml.ftl line 30 which is

  |   | <#if property.value.typeName == "string">
  |

  | [hibernate] INFO: Hibernate Tools 3.2.0.snapshotb9
  |   | Feb 17, 2007 11:27:43 AM org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider close
  |   | INFO: cleaning up connection pool: jdbc:mysql:///test
  |   | [hibernate] 2. task: generic exportertemplate: view/list.xhtml.ftl
  |   | [hibernate] Feb 17, 2007 11:27:44 AM freemarker.log.JDK14LoggerFactory$JDK14Logger error
  |   | [hibernate] SEVERE:
  |   |
  |   | [hibernate] Expression property.value.typeName is undefined on line 30, column 6 in view/list.xhtml.ftl.
  |   | [hibernate] The problematic instruction:
  |   | [hibernate] ----------
  |   | [hibernate] ==> if property.value.typeName == "string" [on line 30, column 1 in view/list.xhtml.ftl]
  |   | [hibernate] ----------
  |   |
  |   | [hibernate] Java backtrace for programmers:
  |   | [hibernate] ----------
  |   | [hibernate] freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Expression property.value.typeName is undefined on line 30, column 6 in view/list.xhtml.ftl.
  |   | ...
  |   |

  | Thanks. Any idea what could be the work-around to this? or maybe i should deploy the project before generating entities ?

You're not alone. I'm seeing the same error too when running against Oracle or MySQL

Ideas anyone?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4018284#4018284

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4018284