[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: s:selectItems - whto work

supernovasoftware.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 17 22:44:09 EST 2007

I removed all of my

    @PersistenceContext

in favor of

    @In(create=true)
  | public EntityManager entityManager;

I also replaced all

  | @EJB

with

@In(create=true) MyDAO myDAO;

This did make it work a little better.

Then I stepped into AbstractEntityConverter and EntityConverter.  I found that getAsObject was being passed what looked like my entity default toString.  I then override toString with the following:

    public String toString()
  |     {
  |       return (id==null) ? null : id.toString();
  |     }

Now it works correctly.

 It it necessary to implement toString on all my entites in this manner or did I configure something wrong?  I did not change much as I had this working with si:selectItems.

I also had to specify the entity class on my h:selectManyListbox .  This was not necessary for si:selectItems.  Is it planned to make this work the same way with s:selectItems?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4018398#4018398

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4018398