[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Running the booking example on JBoss with the JSF 1.2 RI

stan.silvert@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 19 09:31:51 EST 2007

"ekusnitz" wrote : I'm also trying to get this running on jboss 4.0.5 and I observe the following:
  | 1. In jbossweb-tomcat55.sar, the web.xml in the conf folder does not have any reference to "myfaces-api.jar", but it does refer to "myfaces-impl.jar"

There is a mistake in Gavin's original instructions.  In conf/web.xml, you need to replace the reference to myfaces-impl.jar with jsf-impl.jar.  Here is what it should look like when you are done:

<init-param>

"ekusnitz" wrote :
  | 2. When I try adding el-resolver to the application element, Eclispe IDE tells me it's invalid

I also don't use Eclipse, so I'm not sure what's going on here.  I suspect that Eclipse is looking at the JSF 1.1 DTD.  <el-resolver> is new to JSF 1.2.  Perhaps if you post the error I can help.

"ekusnitz" wrote :
  | Finally, which el-*.jar files are we supposed to be using? The ones in Seam?

Yes, the ones in Seam should work fine.

Note that all of this configuration is already done for you if you use JBoss 4.2 or JBoss 5.0.  JBoss 5.0 has a beta that you can download now.  JBoss 4.2 should have a beta available soon.  Here are the instructions for using JSF in those releases:
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossWithJSFCDDL

The goal for these releases is to make the usability of JSF much like that of JSP.  In other words, you don't have to think about installation.  You just use it if you want it.  I'd love to get some feedback.

Stan Silvert
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossFaces

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4018844#4018844

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4018844