[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss Portal LDAP Setup

dhartford do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 19 10:38:08 EST 2007

Usecase:

*Use LDAP for username/passwords (authenticate).
*Use DB for roles/ACL/everything else related to Portal (authorization/etc).

I've been poking at this for a while on the 2.6 alpha1, and alpha2.  There are some comments in the configs, but no success yet.

Is there a reason not to re-use existing projects like the Jboss SSO or the login-modules related to the way Portals work?  I understand the portal schema for roles/ACL/customization/personalization does need to be different, but just trying to re-use username passwords and pushing everything else to its own DB seems too complicated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4018873#4018873

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4018873