[jboss-user] [Javassist user questions] - Re: generics

rbodkin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 19 15:54:39 EST 2007

Likewise, I'm curious about whether it would be possible to let Javassist accept Java 5 code forms like boxing and unboxing and handling of generics correctly in code snippets in source. For example, I tried to extend
abstract class  Holder {
   T get();
}

I have to implement that with casts and Object get(); to work and I can't, for example, return an int and have it boxed to be an Integer as I could in Java 5 source.

Is there any plan to extend Javassist in this way?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4019026#4019026

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4019026