[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Trouble with a TCP/SOCKET JCA Resource Adapter

ameza do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 19 16:10:08 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have implemented a JCA Resource Adapter that connect to a C++ legacy application via socket. My problem is that I cannot get my Pool initialized with the proper settings...  I am using the -ds.xml file to set the min. and max. for saving some execution time.

(for my -ds.xml file)

      <min-pool-size>2</min-pool-size>
      <max-pool-size>5</max-pool-size>

Here are my requirements and assumptions for my TCP/SOCKET Connector implementation;

1) each instance of MyConnection class needs to connect to a separate process listening on a different  TCP/IP port.
    connection-#1 -->   localhost:12001
    connection-#2 -->   localhost:12002
    connection-#3 -->   localhost:12003
2) I am not using authentication since the legacy application runs in a secured environment and doesn't supports it !
3) The only difference in my ConnectionRequestInfo objets is the TCP/IP port number as per point #1 above. The ConnectionRequestInfo  methods equals() and hashcode() are working properly !
4) I am using <application-managed-security/>   in my -ds.xml file.  As documented in the WIKI for application managed settings/authentication.

Everything work as it should when I call the MyConnectionFactory.getConnection(port_number) from let say an EJB, but not when the server allocates himself the connection.  The server is using the default values from my -ds.xml file, which is normal.   So, how can I make sure that every MyManagedConnection and its MyConnection are created with the proper ConnectionRequestInfoImpl data  by either me or as part of the server's life cycle ?

Forgot to mention that I have simplify  the  implementation of MyManagedConnection and do NOT use a Set for collection the Connection. I have choosen to go for a simpler 1 for 1 relationship.

Cheers,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4019031#4019031

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4019031