[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Exception when getting connection from ConnectionPool

alfred.rsa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 19 23:42:40 EST 2007

Hi guys.

I am using JBoss 4.0.5 GA, and DB2 JDBC driver com.ibm.db2.jcc.Driver to persist data ia a DB (DB2 ver 8.1). Unfortunately the legacy code gets a connection (and closes it in a finally block) for each record that is persisted. This works for a few thousand records, but when I start persisting tens of thousands of records I get the following exception. Changing the application to use fewer connections is not really an option at this stage but I feel it shouldn't be necessary as the ConnectionPool should be able to handle this gracefully.

[JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null
org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.DisconnectException: A communication error has been detected. Commun                           ication protocol being used: {0}. Communication API being used: {1}. Location where the error was detected: {2}. Communication function detecting the error: {3}. Protocol specific                            error codes(s) {4}, {5}, {6}. TCP/IP SOCKETS Reply.fill() InputStream.read() insufficient data * 0)

Regards
Alfred

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4019178#4019178

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4019178