[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Splitting a big portlet

sudarshanacharya do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 20 11:27:47 EST 2007

I have to write a big Portlet. The page consists of different hyperlinks to add, edit and delete functionalities (at least 15 functionalities). Each of these functionalities are completed in different steps. I have the business layer ready for everything, but my problem is only to call & organize the code in the portlet.

Can I have a portlet class and from its doView and processAction, call appropriate Handler classes like EditItemOneHandler,DeleteItemOneHandler, AddItemOneHandler? But I am not really clear about it? Are these Handler classes just simple classes, or is these any support for supervising the workflow? Or do I have to individually call each method within the handler classes?

I would appreciate any suggestions in organizing big portlets.
Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4019439#4019439

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4019439